
The reason for the trip, our amazing sister missionary, Sister Shahani Joyce Gazmin. We had a lot of fun shopping and getting clothes typical of "temple square" missionaries. I know all missionaries have a dress code, and of course the elders all look the same, but in the realm of sisters, the runway of missionary fashion is definitely temple square, after all they do have the strictest dress code and a look about them. They look like amazing, talented missionaries just like Sister Gazmin!

Ahh the infamous MTC picture, although I must say, it's a bit different dropping off an international missionary, since she had to go a day early and there was no orientation or anything, we just dropped her off at the front desk. Then we tried to volunteer at the TRC which is where volunteers come in and missionaries role play with them, but they were full. Too bad. . . . sometime I'll have to visit Utah on a Thursday evening since that's when the Tagalog night at the TRC is. It would be a lot of fun to volunteer in Tagalog.

The South Jordan Temple - On Saturday we came her so Sister Gazmin could do her Endowment. It was quite a memorable experience not only for the wonderful peace and spirit within the temple, but all the fun outside too. The first snow of the year, a cute little old man who had Sarah Beth bring his car around so he wouldn't have to walk out in the rain and snow and of course when the world in the church gets small and return missionaries who speak tagalog seem to come out of the woodwork.

This is the sign we had at the airport to welcome Sister Gazmin. In English it means "We love you", but you should have seen all the other passengers read it, and try to understand.
4 comments:
Great pictures Becky! I hope you're not using up all your vacation so you can't come out to see us!
Don't worry, I'll still be there!
Don't worry, I'll still be there!
Now we need Omaha/Denver pictures posted!
Post a Comment