As many of you know, I'm moving in a week, and for the first time in my life am buying myself furniture. Wow, I'm really growing up! Anyways, I had a lot of fun this weekend bed shopping, and after laying on what seemed like hundreds of different beds, I came to two conclusions:
First - All beds in the mid price range are pretty similar feeling so you'd best just get the one with the best price.
Second - After you lay on nice beds for two days, your old hard mattress, feels really uncomfortable at night, so I wouldn't recommend too much bed shopping until you're ready to buy.
All in all, I finally found a good sale on a nice bed and bought it. Of course, It will be delivered to my new apartment on the 29th, so I won't get to sleep on it until then. But my first foray into the world of furniture ownership has gone well so far.
2 comments:
I bet you've never thought so much about mattresses, have you? I remember when we bought our bed. I felt pretty silly laying on all those different mattresses trying to decide which we liked. I did learn that I don't like pillowtops and I like a firmer mattress. I'd always thought pillowtops were pretty cool before that! Congrats on one more step into being an adult. :)
Oh, and at least you didn't have kids along on your furniture shopping trip like we did yesterday!
Post a Comment