Sunday, June 1, 2008

Testimony Meeting

So I had a wonderful experience this morning in fast and testimony meeting. I was sitting in the chapel happily listening to the testimonies of others when my friend Carson tapped me on the shoulder and leaned over to say "I think you should go next, I'd like to hear your testimony." At first I just smiled and proceeded to chastise him for not attending our ward last week where I was one of the regular speakers, but then I remembered an experience several years ago where I had an opportunity in a different setting to testify to someone about the gospel and didn't take it and how I'd promised myself I'd always bear my testimony to anyone who wanted to hear it. So I walked up to the pulpit (much to Carson's surprise, as his suggestion had been mostly in jest) and was struck by how often our Father in Heaven might say the same thing. . . "My child, I'd like to hear your testimony." So my challenge to you is to take the next opportunity you have, whatever the setting, to bear testimony.

1 comment:

Reighlyn said...

Thank you, Becky. Way to go.
Love,
Reighlyn