Well, I'm still waiting. . . . . That is I'm still waiting for the big layoff for my department. Anyone who's been following my saga at work knows that this has been in the works since March, and we've been on full alert (ie. it could happen anyday) since the first week of June. What that means of course is that I've basically worked a whole month doing pretty much nothing. And to all of you who are swamped at work and think it would be nice to have a few days of nothing to do, I say the key to that statement is the few days part. It gets real old real fast! I'm not sure when this skill of enduring boring day after day will come in handy, but it's certainly a skill I've developed to a greater extent this past month, or perhaps, I've just learned how to create projects for myself to do, or become better at playing love guru and analyzing the relationships of my coworkers, because I've certainly been able to do a bit of that as well.
All in all, I can't complain because I still have a job for at least another day, and for all of you out there who care, I'll keep you posted on the waiting game. . . . .
2 comments:
Becky,
Hang in there with the waiting game and the job thing--I know it is difficult, but at least you have survived the boredom so far. Who knows, you may need that skill again sometime--after all, you survived Fresh-Pak!
Love,
Esther
Well, a boring job is better than no job! Any leads for something new? Hopefully you won't have to be bored and/or unemployed for too much longer.
Post a Comment