Sunday, December 28, 2008

SNOW and sacrament meeting

First of all, I just want to say that I love the snow. It's been a fabulous winter here in Idaho with several feet of snow most places, but I must say that it's nice to know that I'll be back in 60 degree weather in a few days. It makes it so much more enjoyable to know that I don't have to put up with it for the next 3+ months.
So my next story is of the joy of coming home for Christmas to a ward you (partially) grew up in. I say partially because although my parents have lived in the same house my whole life they've been through several boundary changes and different wards, so the ward we attended today was quite different than either of the wards I grew up in, but alas, one of our neighbors, who's known me my whole life happens to be the new bishop and caught me as I walked in and asked, or rather told me, that I was going to be called up to bear my testimony saying that "if you come home for the holidays, you're fair game". Anyways, it was an unexpected, but good opportunity to share my testimony.

3 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

I guess people either don't remember me or they figure it's not convenient to ask things like that when you're trying to herd several kids around! And how come you only talked to Jessa last night? :)

Rosanne said...

I'm glad you are enjoying the snow. It was nice hearing you speak in church you did great.

Anonymous said...

I had that happen to me a month ago. (Except the bishop asked me to give a 5 min talk on testimonies right before church began.) I'm sure you were great as always.