Friday, April 17, 2009

I wish I were a kid again. . .

This week was one of those weeks when I wished I were a kid again. Things are a lot simpler when you're a child, and like a lot of things I didn't really fully appreciate it until it's gone. I've come down with a cold this week. One of those just bad enough to make you feel and sound awful, but not really bad enough to warrant a trip to the doctor or time off work. Well remember when you were a kid and you'd get sick and you could just put your little life on hold and lay on the couch and Mom would make you jello or whatever you wanted. Well, I realized that adult lives can't just be put on hold like that, and even though I could've theoretically just laid on the couch, it wouldn't have made me feel much better because I would've still been worried about all the stuff I had to get done for work, church, etc. and/or would've just had twice as much to do when I got better. So instead I did the adult thing and functioned at minimal capacity for a few days while also getting the rest my body needed to recuperate by canceling or postponing what I could. Necessary, but certainly not as fun as the good old days of childhood when sickness bought you a worry free recovery at the very least. But alas, in any case, I'm on the mend and will be back to my normal happy healthy self soon.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Try being the mom, it's even a little harder then.