I had the chance this week to visit the beautiful city of Pinetop, AZ. A friend of mine has a cabin up there and he was kind enough to host a weekend getaway for a whole group of us. It was fun to get back up amongst the pine trees again, and made me long for the cool summer days of home again. We didn't do much that was special, but it was a great relaxing weekend, complete with a stint in the hammock, a walk around the lake, a late night run to walmart for the 3 carts full of groceries we needed, a long saturday nap and lots of great food and fun.
On a separate note, I'm excited for the National Conference on Tobacco or Health that Phoenix is hosting this week. I'm presenting a couple of poster sessions on some programs we run and taking 13 students from out college prevention programs. Since we're hosting it, we also get to act as volunteers and do room monitoring and ushering stuff. All in all it will definitely not be a boring week.
P.S. sorry for the lack of pictures on my blog posts. I understand it's against blogging etiquette to have too many posts in a row without pictures, but I just haven't felt too photogenic lately, and I'm not a great picture taker in any case, but I'll let you all use your imaginations.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend. The best vacations are ones where you can actually relax. Good luck with you presentations.
Post a Comment