Monday, July 20, 2009

A good ole country girl

So I decided tonight that all things considered I still like being able to claim that I'm a good ole country girl. I like that I've had experiences like irrigating and herding cows, and floating down the canal, and that I know what a borrow pit is, and the difference between hay, grain and alfalfa, and all that good stuff. But most of all, I must say that there's something happy about country music and country dancing. We had a country swing dancing lesson tonight for FHE and the music, the moves, even the boots and belt buckles just put a smile on my face even if I've never been the cowgirl type so much. There's just something about it that reminds me of home and despite the fact that I'm growing accustomed to living in a city, I still like being a good ole country girl at heart.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I agree, but the city is not bad either but I know I can never get Jake to agree. :)