Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oasis in the Desert


Last night I had a great unexpected surprise.  I got to go canoeing at night on a peaceful lake.  I have some friends who moved into a new neighborhood and their house is less than a block away from a great man-made lake.  One of the guys bought a canoe so we took it out for a cruise about 10 pm.  besides the fact that the weather in Phoenix is beautiful this time of year, it was just a perfect situation.  A couple hundred yards from their garage to the dock and we were on our way.  Being at night with a nearly full moon and soft lights coming from the huge houses that had lakefront property, made it seem like we were somewhere far far away from a hot desert town.  It was great! And while the picture above isn't exactly of our night canoeing adventure, it reminds me of how peaceful and wonderful it was.  Definitely will have to repeat again soon.

No comments: