Monday, November 15, 2010

Traveling

I've done a bit of traveling lately.  Last week it was off to Denver for a work conference, back to Phoenix for a full 7 hours, then back to the airport to take a trip to Omaha to visit some family.  But despite my many hours at the airport or on a plane, there were some great things about the trips. 

First, I got to experience the joy of seasons that is absent in my part of Arizona.  The colorful fall leaves and even a couple of snowfalls.  I also got to attend a local ward in Denver that was super small.  In fact out of the 70 or so people in sacrament meeting approximately 30 of us were visiting. It was a good meeting though.  I love that the church is the same everywhere. 

My trip to Nebraska was great, albeit quick.  It was fun to see my sister Amy and the rest of the Batemans.  I got to see part of the incredible Omaha Zoo and eat some "grilled ice cream" from Zesto's Ice Cream and Grill. Their ward had a chili cook-off and pie making contest of which my sister won first place on both counts thanks to some good family recipes.    All too soon though it was time to board the plane again and get back to life.  And a busy life it is, at least this week.  For those of you not up to date on tobacco events, this coming Thursday is the Great American Smoke Out, that combined with some trainings I do makes for a very busy week work-wise, but better to be busy and employed than bored or our of work, so I'm not complaining.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish we would have been in Denver to see you!

Amy Bateman said...

Melissa tells me every morning that she wants Becky to come visit again.