Sunday, June 5, 2011

Breakfast

There are many reasons that I'm proud to be an American, perhaps the least of which is that we have good breakfast foods.  I know many other cultures also eat different foods for breakfast, but there are certainly some who don't and just like many other things in this melting pot we call the USA, we benefit from the best of others and call it our own.  Stuff like German pancakes, or french toast (which may not even really be German or French. . . who really knows, after all).  But the long and short of it is, you have to admit that breakfast foods anytime of the day hit the spot. 
After church today we had a break the fast meal that was . . . [drumroll please]. . . Breakfast!!  Maybe it's partly the fact that I'd been fasting and anything would have tasted good, but there's something special about breakfast food, and this coming from a person who doesn't always eat breakfast food for breakfast.  I often get up and decide that last night's leftovers look like the best option for the morning meal, so I'm not even a die hard breakfast fan, but I do love my breakfast food, and sunday dinner is just as good a time as any to have it in my opinion. 

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

We love breakfast for dinner. Waffles is our most frequent request, especially with a new waffle iron!

Rachel said...

WE have Breakfast for Sunday dinner A lot, and we love it.