Sunday, May 13, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Today I turned 30, and I got to celebrate with a weekend of family fun.  You see, my Grandmother and I have back to back birthdays and since we were born 60 years apart, she's turning 90 tomorrow.  So last Thursday, I flew up to Idaho to celebrate with lots of family and my special birthday buddy.  
I love spending time with my family and it's always fun to see what kinds of spontaneous activities come up:

 Like spa night with the girls while the boys all went camping, or building glasses with tinker toys, or seeing who the master hula hoopers were.  (Jeff gets my vote!)


 Saturday was the big birthday party.  Family came from all over and we had a big potluck at my Grandma's house.  I love our big family gatherings here.  The weather was perfect and company was even better.  I   am so grateful for my large supportive extended family.  It's wonderful to catch up and spend time together.

My grandfather passed away about a year ago, and my brother and sister-in-law went with me to visit his grave for a few minutes.  I love the way this picture turned out.  It somehow captures the peace and beauty of the truth that families are forever.  


No comments: