
First up, we skirted along the stream to get up to the big house. This was an old four bedroom farmhouse that sadly has not only deteriorated with time, but become a party place and been graffitied on the inside, but the exterior still has quite a bit of charm.
I must admit one of my favorite parts was watching Brian traverse the old staircase. Being the smart man he is, he stuck to the edges of the stairs. This made sense and was much safer, although it certainly made for a comical descent. (*Note: The following pictures were taken in order).
After we were done at the big house, we carefully made our way through the furrows of the grain field to the remains of the next place which had the remains from an old root cellar and a brick fireplace left.
The internet indicated that there were more sites from an old store and an old school and a few more houses somewhere along the creek, but when we ran into a no trespassing sign we decided not to continue exploring and just drove through the pretty Idaho countryside instead. All in all, it was a fun exploration.











1 comment:
I am so jealous! These pictures are incredible! And can I say--I can't believe I did not notice how pretty Idaho was when I lived there for two years. I must have had a BAD attitude. The place is so lovely. Your pictures make me want to live there, dead honest.
p.s. hey, my niece may get married before me. Yeahhhhhh.....Let's get some cheesecake sometime lol.
Post a Comment