Monday, January 28, 2008

Just call me nomad. . . . .

Well it's that time again. . . . . Time for me to move, I mean, lately I seem to do it at least once or twice a year, and thinking back, I actually have moved at least once a year for the past. . . . 8 years! Wow! That's incredible! Just call me nomad I guess! Anyways, I went apartment hunting this weekend since our lease here at the apartment is up the end of next month and my roommate Josie will be moving out. The nice thing about my station in life now is that being more independent and stable opens up a lot more options when apartment hunting. I remember my first little basement apartment in Pocatello, that I took because it was all I could find at the time that came furnished and was close to campus and in my price range etc. Now of course I can afford to pay more in rent, have reliable transportation and thus can shop around a bit more. Anyways, I had a bunch of appointments on Saturday to look at different apartments that needed roommates. And I must say I'm very thankful for the inherent network of the church. Institute housing lists and LDS housing websites are wonderful! But to make a long story short I found a great apartment with all the features I want in Tempe. I'll be about 2 miles closer to work, which isn't much, but every little bit helps! My roommate is (will be) a girl named Meg, who just graduated from BYU and works for an accounting firm in Downtown Phoenix. We'll even be able to carpool sometimes. YEAH!! I'll post more details later, (I'm not moving until the end of February but wanted to share my good news. Congrats by the way to the Bateman's for finding what looks like a really nice house. I can't wait to come and visit!

1 comment:

Amy Bateman said...

So, when are you coming to visit? Alex's baptism would be a good time!