Monday, February 25, 2008

Reflections of Christ

Tonight for my wards FHE, we went to the Mesa Visitor's Center and viewed a wonderful exhibit entitled Reflections of Christ. A local photographer staged photographs of models depicting scenes from the Savior's life in various local locations. It was amazing. There's something unique and special about photographs as opposed to paintings. Don't get me wrong, I certainly enjoy the beautiful paintings and other artwork of the Savior, but there's also a sense of realism to photos that is missed in the other forms of artwork.
I have a catholic friend at work that I was thinking about during the video documentary. I think I'll invite her to go see it with me. It was a wonderful project that was overseen by the Temple President. I must say there is nothing like the temple visitor's centers. They have a special spirit all their own.

No comments: