Wednesday, February 27, 2008
A surprisingly good day
This morning I got up at 6:00 am after a night of tossing and turning with anxiety. You see today I'm moving and was scheduled to have a root canal to clean out an abcess that the dentist found on my x-ray. Despite all my best efforts to pack and prepare for the move and relax and not worry about the root canal, I've decided that sometimes the body doesn't listen to the conscious mind. So after a restless night I finally gave up trying to sleep at 6 and got up with a nervous stomach. After going out to exercise a bit and choking down some breakfast I tried to distract myself by finishing up my packing, then headed out to the endodontist for my appt. But here's where the day starts to change. So after waiting for about 45 min in the waiting room, I get called back to the exam room where they take some more X-rays then the doctor comes in to hear my whole traumatic tooth history, including playground mishaps, trampoline accidents and orthodontic work. After expressing her amazement that I even still have my front teeth, let alone that they are still in such good condition, she does some more tests and finally decides that what is showing up on the x-ray is probably not an abcess but likely just some scar tissue. So end result, No root canal for me today and a whole afternoon to finish cleaning my old apartment so I can devote Friday to cleaning and unpacking at my new place. Sometimes, even the days that start out the worst end up all right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woo hoo! Can't complain about no root canal. Isn't packing and moving fun? Quit sending me your nervous/stressed vibes! I'm trying to move a whole house and deal with the flu (?) on top of it. Thank goodness for Activate!
Post a Comment