But anyways, back to the good part of the story. . . Stress has been building up for weeks now, and when I was driving home on Tuesday night, I was thinking to myself that I really needed to do something to help myself relax and de-stress a bit or I'd likely end up sick or something. So I was thinking back on stressful times in my life and things I used to do to relax when it occured to me that I used to go to the institute all through college and find an empty room to sit down and play the piano. This always helped me feel better, not because I'm a great piano player, but I guess it gave me enough to focus on to distract myself from the present and piano music especially hymns always seem soothing. So I took a detour to the institute and played for about a half hour and felt much better. Then I drove home and got up early the next morning to go to the temple and my what a difference there is!
Although things are still certainly stressful at work, I'm much calmer now than the beginning of the week and feel like I'll be able to make it through the next one.
2 comments:
Isn't the piano a great stress reliever? That is, when you can play it by yourself without an 18-month old who has to join in! Glad things are looking a little more under control for you.
Good for you Becca!
Post a Comment