Sunday, June 15, 2008

Insomnia and Sunburns

So I've had some bouts of insomnia lately and have consequently gotten into a bad habit of going to bed late, so once again, here I am wide awake and needing something to occupy myself with until I can fall asleep, so you can all reap the benefits of my crazy late night idea. I was doing a short outdoor activity today and decided not to put on any sunscreen in order to get a little color, I really didn't think I'd get burned quite like I did, but obviously you can see the results below, so my question to you is, how long was I in the sun to result in such a burn? I kept track of how many minutes I was out there, so I've decided to take a little poll, and who knows, maybe there'll even be a prize for the winner. So place your vote as a comment to this post and after a couple of days, I'll let you know who was closest. P.S. It's kind of awkward to take a picture of yourself like this, so don't pay much heed to the strange unflattering poses, but they do show off the sunburn pretty well.

9 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

I'll say 23 minutes for that burn.

Amy Bateman said...

Michael says 30.

Anonymous said...

Grandma says 15 minutes.

Anonymous said...

a fellow redhead says 20 minutes

Kevin said...

10 minutes

Kevin said...

Reighlyn says that if you were Patrick it would be between 6 and 10 minutes.

Amy Bateman said...

Jessa's vote is 20 minutes
Melissa said 2 and 4, so a total of 6
Annelyn says 35 minutes and 2 seconds
Lyndsey thinks 10 seconds
Alex tops them all with 4,202 hours and 1 second!

Anonymous said...

Mom figures about 47 minutes. I know this is kind of long but I assume you are getting a fair amount of sun down there so you shouldn't burn quite as quickly as you used to.

Rachel said...

My guess is 42 minutes. The next question should be how many days till you start to peel. My guess is 3 days from now.