Sunday, August 31, 2008

Photos etc.

Last weekend I went to a fun birthday party for some friends and we had a photo scavenger hunt. Here were some of the better pictures. Riding the train The coolest tree ever
Anyways, Obviously there were many more, but they weren't terribly clever, and most of you wouldn't know anyone in them but me, so I'll move on to other things. Many of you heard that we got some storms this past week. There was a lot of damage done by the wind etc. in the Phoenix area, but fortunately none in my neighborhood. All is still well in Becky land, so that's a blessing. I have a nice 4 day weekend right now with Labor Day and my regular Friday off, it's unfortunate though that I didn't make plans soon enough to go anywhere, but have enjoyed the weekend thus far nonetheless. Just some relaxing hours at home and some time with friends. It's nice that the weather is cooling down a bit here. It doesn't seem so ridiculously hot anymore and was actually somewhat comfortable to walk around outside Saturday night. I guess I don't really have any news to post, just musings of a marvelous me. (I stole that from a journal cover in Deseret Book in case it sounded familiar to anyone). I filled up my last journal and bought a new one on Friday. I didn't get the Marvelous Me one, but rather found one I rather liked with a beautiful picture of the Tree of Life on it. One of my favorite parts of journal writing is when I get to pick out a new one. I don't know why it's so important and exciting to me, but I always end up spending quite a bit of time perusing my options before choosing the next one. Silly pleasures I guess! Anyways, since this is already the most random rambling post I think I've ever done, I'll end it for now. Maybe next time I'll post something more blog worthy, but I guess since you all read this it must be blog worthy enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, very special, i like it.

Amy Bateman said...

We were glad to hear that you weren't affected by the storms. Maybe something interesting will happen so you can post something. But we like pictures, too, so this one works!