Thursday, August 7, 2008

San Diego here I come. . .

I got some exciting news at work today. I've been selected, or volunteered, or delegated (however you want to look at it) to attend the APHA conference in San Diego October 25-29. This is a national public health conference and I will be representing MACTUPP (Maricopa County Tobacco Use Prevention Program). This means that I get to go to the conference and have to do two poster sessions explaining the abstracts that we submitted that were selected for presentation. With all the lay-offs and staff turnover, neither of the abstract authors are still here, so someone gets to go in their place and that lucky someone is me. I'm excited to go experience it, a little nervous since I'll be going alone, but more excited for the adventure! So if anyone is planning a trip, make it to San Diego during that week and I'll hang out with you while I'm not at the conference.

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Cool! So did you get chosen because everyone else is busy or because they think you'll do a great job? My vote is the latter.

Anonymous said...

I vote the latter too, but and that's probably most of it, but a little bit of the other too, and that fact that I didn't get to go to any of the conferences last year because I always had to stay back and answer the quitline. Either way though, I'm excited!