Friday, August 1, 2008

SPARK

So this week has been fun and frustrating at work. As I mentioned, I've been put in charge of our new High School Program and have been working hard the past week and a half figuring out what that's going to entail and coming up with all the details, which is more time consuming than you might think, but I'm really pleased with how it's shaping up. I think we're going to call it SPARK which is an acronym for Students Practicing Advocacy Reaching Kids, since the main focus is on peer and cross-age advocacy events.
My boss has been out of town with a wedding and a funeral, so it'll be great to present all this to her on Monday and get her thoughts/approval so that I can start approaching schools. That'll be the next big hurdle, convincing 10 schools that they want to do this, but we've tried to make it pretty simple to implement so hopefully it won't be too bad. Anyways, sorry if I'm boring anyone with all the work posts, it's just so nice to finally have some work to do after the months of twiddling my thumbs!

No comments: