Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Weekend Getaway
This past weekend I had a great little overnight trip with the girls. My friend Melissa orchestrated the whole thing as a fun little trip for some of us friends in the ward, her sisters and niece and two friends of hers who were visiting from Russia. Here's all of us just outside of Flagstaff.
When we made it to the Grand Canyon it was as impressive as ever. I don't really remember the Grand Canyon at all from our family vacation there when I was a kid, although I do remember other random details, but not the main event. . . go figure.
It rained off and on all day while we were there, which as you may have heard eventually caused a dam to break and the canyon to flood requiring campers to be rescued by helicopter from several of the campgrounds at the bottom. I have a friend who was down there camping with some friends and decided to hike out early in order to get back and rested for church on sunday and were thus one of the few who were able to actually hike out, of course they missed out on the helicopter ride, but also missed out on the danger. Anyways, the clouds and intermittent overcast skies made for some beautiful views.
We stayed Friday night in Flagstaff at Melissa's work apartment, and had some fun exploring that cute little town. This was my favorite building because it's just such a random sight sitting next to the main road. I guess a giant cow does draw attention to your business!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Becky! I am not sure if you remember me but we used to live in the same building. This is Shamae from about 6 years ago I believe. Anyway I stumbled on your blog and just wanted to say hi! Hope things are going well for ya!
It sounds like you are always doing so many fun things. Keep sharing cause I love reading about them.
Post a Comment