Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Drama & Art
I did have a bit of drama getting the posters. My first poster session was on Monday at 4:30 pm. To give you some background, apparently my department has been notorious for having trouble with posters in the past, misprinting, getting lost at the airport etc. So this year they decided to simplify things for me and order through the onsite vendor so I could just pick them up at the conference and then mail them back to myself and never have to haul them around. But alas, the idea was too good to be true! When I went to check on them about 11 am Monday morning, the company couldn’t find them under my name or any of the other names they might be under, I then looked up the file names, did some back and forth with the office and after searching under every possible name, email and file name they could be attached to, discovered that the company had no record of our order period. It was of course by now 1 pm and I’d worked out with the gentleman at the booth to email him the files for the posters so he could get them printed while my office found the order confirmation and finalized the payment. Luckily they rushed the one for that afternoon and the other two posters came in fine the next day and as you can see above, all was well. But after spending most of the morning on the phone and running back and forth between the poster booth and and the email booths to get it all settled, I’d missed the sessions I was planning on attending and was also in need of some chill time, so I took a walk around the building and took some of the following photos of things that caught my eye artistically. Thus you have it, my combination of drama and art!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment