Throughout the week, I also got to see some of the interesting characters that you always get in the city. One fellow I saw while waiting for the bus was likely schizophrenic or or had some mental illness because he was having a very heated argument with his delusion. He kept at it all the way up the block too. I also saw a very prim looking lady pushing a stroller only to find that inside the stroller was her little long haired dog. Then of course there were these chess masters.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Food and strangers
One of the things that I realized about myself on this trip was that I'm not the most solitary individual. I hated not having anyone to eat with or go exploring with, with the exception of the first night I was pretty much on my own the whole time. There was a big mall right across the street from my hotel and I ended up eating most of my meals either at the mall food court or the various shops in and around the conference center. In any case, I finally decided to overcome my fear of eating out alone and went to the hotel restaurant on Tuesday night. It's a really upscale restaurant (good thing I'd saved so much on my food allowance by eating at the food court the rest of the week). Anyways, I dressed up a bit, asked for a table of one and enjoyed a luxury dining experience. You know it's a classy place when you get a pre-appetizer appetizer, and a post-dessert dessert. Anyways, I tried the halibut which was very good. (I'm starting to be more adventurous with seafood) and had a fabulous double chocolate cheesecake like dessert.
Throughout the week, I also got to see some of the interesting characters that you always get in the city. One fellow I saw while waiting for the bus was likely schizophrenic or or had some mental illness because he was having a very heated argument with his delusion. He kept at it all the way up the block too. I also saw a very prim looking lady pushing a stroller only to find that inside the stroller was her little long haired dog. Then of course there were these chess masters.
Throughout the week, I also got to see some of the interesting characters that you always get in the city. One fellow I saw while waiting for the bus was likely schizophrenic or or had some mental illness because he was having a very heated argument with his delusion. He kept at it all the way up the block too. I also saw a very prim looking lady pushing a stroller only to find that inside the stroller was her little long haired dog. Then of course there were these chess masters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment