Okay, so I was sitting here thinking that I should do a blog post about what I've been doing this past week, since I had several extra days off with the holiday, but no one thing seemed interesting enough to really blog about so I figured if I lump them all together under a theme, then just possibly, the uninteresting will take on an added element of intrigue to make you keep reading. . . So here's my latest thoughts and experiences on the many modes of moving.
1. Moving your stuff into a new house - I spent several hours this weekend helping a friend move into a new house, or at least helping him unpack and organize the boxes of stuff we moved in several weeks ago. He'd put off unpacking because he wanted to put some insulated walls up in the garage to create space for some electronics equipment, so we got to build some temporary walls first and let's just say that styrofoam, PVC pipe, and silver space blankets made that moving project interesting.
2. Moving on a light rail - Phoenix just finished it's new light rail train system and I went with some friends to check it out this Saturday. We met up and rode it downtown where we did some shopping, and took a cool elevator ride (both of which I'll discuss in a moment). Needless to say, the light rail itself was a bit anticlimatic for those who didn't really know what to expect. After all, it is just a slow train, but it was a fine night in good company all the same.
3. Moving toward (or away from) a sale - So the group that came to ride the light rail ended up being 3 girls and 5 guys. Well we ended up at the Arizona Center which has a two story NY&Co women's clothing store, which was having a great sale, so of course, Kellie, Sherri and I had to go check it out. So after a short discussion which mostly consisted of us convincing the boys that they would make do if we left them together without any female companionship for 20 min, we were off moving toward the sale, just as quickly as they were moving away from it. They found a restaurant to eat at that had the football game on, so I honestly don't think they missed us much even though they'd protested so emphatically at first.
4. Moving up and down in an elevator - After we left the Arizona Center we walked over to the Hyatt hotel and took a few rides in their great glass elevator. Sounds lame, but it's actually kind of fun, since it's a rather fast elevator, and provides a great view of the whole city. Ah the simple pleasures!
5. Last but not least, Moving to serve the Lord - As I'm discovering with my new calling, when we talk of Sunday being a day of rest, that certainly doesn't mean a restful day. I think I generally put in more hours on Sundays attending Church and leadership meetings, and doing other Relief Society stuff than a regular work day, but despite all that, I can still see that it is relaxing in its own way to forget the temporal and secular concerns and focus on the gospel plan. So I guess there is rest in this mode of moving!
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my oratory on the many modes of moving. May your coming week be a mobile one!
2 comments:
Interesting.....I do plan to make this coming week one of moving. I got a new exercise DVD called "4 Fast Miles" and it really gets you moving. It takes about 50 minutes, which includes warm-up and cool-down.
Interesting perspectives. I like Mom's moving comment, too. I need to do more of that exercise-type movement, too.
Post a Comment