Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chinese New Year

I had the opportunity to go the Chinese Cultural Center here in Phoenix today to attend the festival in honor of the Chinese New Year. A friend of mine was performing with his Tai Chi class, so I got to watch several of the presentations ranging from several different types of dragon dances to martial arts displays by various age groups. All in all, a very pleasant experience from a fascinating culture. You know even though the Philippines is a diamond in the rough so to speak when it comes to asian culture being so different than your other major asian influences, I still feel more attached to all these asian cultures having lived in Asia. And who doesn't love a dragon dance?

1 comment:

Trent and Steph said...

I was at a fair when I was little and one of those dragons was there, it scared me so bad I ran into the bathroom and was crying. I wanted my mom but didn't dare leave my spot for fear of running into that thing again. Yes, I'm working again. My hours are now renewed. It wasn't much of a vacation, but it was nice to have a little bit of a break. Oh and p.s. I tagged you :) Hope all is well cuz.