Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Jeepney Bistro
So I finally got to go eat tonight at this little Filipino restaurant called Jeepney Bistro, that my friend Daniel told me about. It's the real deal with totally authentic Filipino cooks, Tagalog TV and plenty of chances to practice my rusty language skills. Daniel also served a mission in the Philippines and had told me about it about three weeks ago, and of course I immediately wanted to go and even had tentative plans to a few times but they always fell through for one reason or another. Daniel goes to school just down the road at MCC, and goes several times a week and has taken to texting me everytime he eats there just to make me jealous I think, so needless to say I was way excited to finally go tonight. I had two of my favorite dishes, Sinigang and Monggo, and also got to introduce a friend to the world of Filipino Cuisine. Next time I go, It'll have to be for dessert as they actually make halo-halo which is a fantastic mix of shaved ice, coconut milk and fruit. In a word. . . MASARAP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how fun! i don't know anything about filipino food, but i know what fun memories and feelings that can bring back. so what IS the filipino cuisine?
Post a Comment