Anyways, Arizona has beautiful weather this time of year, perfect for a late night spooky movie on a hilltop by the cemetary. At least that was what the invite I got from a friend indicated. Well we did end up on a beautiful hill overlooking the valley (couldn't quite see the cemetary) and watched a movie (Sneakers), although it wasn't a scary one, and truthfully I got distracted and missed the entire middle portion of it, so I can't exactly vouch for it, but the parts I did see were good. Anyways, it was a beautiful night, perfect temperature, great company, all in all a very pleasant evening until I got home and Friday the 13th decided to do it's evil deeds.
I walked into my house, happy as a clam, tired and smiling, trying to be quiet so as not to wake my roommate when lo and behold, I flipped on the light in my bathroom and was greeted by this:
Okay, so in my fright, I didn't pull out my camera so this is not an actual photo, but the little guy sure looked a lot like this, and was about as long as my thumb. Now I'd seen little teeny scorpions once in my old apartment, but this one was big and ugly, and let's face it. . . it's a scorpion, so after taking a second to calm myself down, I set out to figure out how to kill it. I grabbed an empty plastic bottle from the garbage and tried to smash it, but scorpions have an exoskeleton or something and they don't just smash, so it took me a few tries, (and a few shrieks) to incapacitate him enough that I could scoop him up and into the toilet to be flushed away to his demise. Well of course the thought of a scorpion that big in my house, let alone on the second floor just creeps me out, and I had some trouble getting to sleep, so I decided to look up some information about scorpions here in Arizona, and wouldn't you know it, apparently I live in scorpion central, at least my zipcode had the most reported scorpion stings of the entire valley several years ago. I really hope that since this is the first one we've seen after living there over a year, that he is not the beginning of a trend. My roommate and I did a thorough cleaning job today, so hopefully, my Friday the 13th visitor was just that, I sure don't want to see another one like him any time soon!
2 comments:
That's it, I'm not visiting Arizona anymore. I'll let you keep the scorpions and Jeff can keep his geckos!
AHHHH!!! That is so scary and you are so brave for killing it all by yourself. I get so creeped out by stuff like that.
Post a Comment