Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Foreign Language Mode
So it never ceases to amaze me how strangely sometimes my brain kicks into foreign language mode. I remember in the MTC when I was learning Tagalog and suddenly french phrases I had forgotten for years came back to me all the sudden. And that was just from 2 years of high school french. Then of course, I actually became fluent in Tagalog and now can barely remember a bit of French, but my brain still kicks into foreign language mode everytime I hear others speaking a foreign language. Like today for example, I did a health fair at a predominantly hispanic school and at least 80% of the parents spoke Spanish. Luckily my partner is a native spanish speaker so she generally took care of the parents while I talked to the kids, and it worked out great, but for the first time in months I found myself starting off sentences in Tagalog without even thinking about it, foreign language mode I tell ya, I haven't had that much trouble speaking English in a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment