Friday, May 8, 2009

Etc.

Okay, so it's been a busy last couple of weeks, and since one of my purposes of keeping this blog is to write about the little things that happen that I always forget when I see all of you who live so far away, here's a montage of recent happenings, slightly boring, but that's life.

First of all, things have been busy at work, for those of you who don't know, I'm in charge of our high school and college tobacco prevention programs. This year has been very strange for my whole department, starting with our massive budget cut last year that resulting in big changes in the programs we run and quite a few lay-offs. Needless to say all the changes in staff and programming threw everything off a bit, and that combined with some other unfortunate circumstances with the districts we contract with resulted in some major delays. The essence of the story is after months and months of trying to get my programs up and running, everything finally came through in March, so the last couple of months have been crazy busy trying to get everything accomplished before school lets out, but it's all working out and one of the colleges even gave us an award for partnering with them, and now I have a cool framed certificate to add to the office awards wall.

Changing gears, we're looking forward to summer in the singles ward, which means pig personnel changes (gotta love a college ward where half the ward leaves in summer). But I do still love my calling, and my ward's playing volleyball every tuesday night which I love although I had to miss it this week because I managed to injure my lower back on Monday. Nothing too serious, but enough to make be pretty painful monday and sore the rest of the week. However, the good news is I got to get some money's worth out of my insurance since my policy covers chiropractic and therapeutic massage. (It's feeling much better by the way and should be up for volleyball again come Tuesday. Yea!)

No comments: