Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our continuum of self

So I know it's been a while, I have been busy with quite a few things, although nothing earth shattering. I have been thinking a lot lately about the continuum we each have between the best and worst versions of ourselves. There's a line in the movie "You've Got Mail" where Tom Hanks' character says. . . "Do you ever feel you're becoming the worst version of yourself?" Well I'm sure we've all felt like that at one point or another, or at least like we've gained ground or slipped down on the continuum of ourselves.
Now before you go thinking that I'm falling into a funk, or depression or something, I want to assure you I'm not. Although I certainly have my ups and downs just like anyone else, I must admit my mind's been more preoccupied lately with the vacillations of character I've seen with others around me. It's been a true testament of the importance of being yourself, being compassionate, and realizing that regardless of what life throws at you, a smile, a deep breath, and seeing the glass half full are infinitely more productive than fear, pride, wallowing, or holding grudges.

1 comment:

JennHoward said...

Hey Becky! I did not even know you had a blog! I guess i should have since we have talked about it right! Anyway now that i know i can actually keep up and read it. And i can so relate to your post:)