Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I won the WICKED Lottery!

Okay, for those of you who don't know, WICKED is a broadway musical that tells the back story behind the wicked witch of the west and most of the other characters in the Wizard of Oz. I've never heard a bad review, and have loved the soundtrack for over a year, but have been dying to see it and hear the rest of the story that's not contained in the music.
Well somehow, the show's Arizona run snuck up on me and we never did purchase tickets, so we've been playing the Wicked Lottery. Before every show you can put your name in for a drawing for two $25 tickets. They draw 10 names, or 20 tickets and they're good seats too. Well we've gone a handful of times the past two weeks and never won, and I'd decided that today was going to be my last try before I broke down and bought some tickets. I pulled up and there were about 4 times as many people as the other nights, so I knew my chances were slim, but amazingly enough they called my name and for $50 my roommate and I got to see the show from the 2nd row. Not a bad deal. The show was FABULOUS! It surpassed all my expectations and was just incredible. I'd highly recommend it to anyone!

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Awesome! We should have done that while it was here. I heard it was amazing.

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to Phoenix to see it on the 25th. Matt bougth tickets back in January and I've been waiting ever since. Hope to see you while we are there.