Monday, September 7, 2009

Berbear

Okay, so I was listening to my ipod today on shuffle and happened across a Christmas song. Well, normally, I'd just skip it, but it made me realize that it's officially berbear! (okay, so I have no idea how to spell that, and although I tried to google it for a spelling, couldn't find it, but I swear that's what the pinoys called it.), but in any case, berbaer is a term some filipinoes use to reference the Christmas season. The Philippines has the longest Christmas season in the world, starting September first and ending on three kings day in January. It's call berbear because these are the -ber months. SeptemBER, OctoBER, NovemBER, DecemBER. . . pretty clever huh?! Well in any case, I'm sitting here listening to some christmas carols, and although I'll put all my holiday tunes away here soon until after Thanksgiving, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas everyone. And my gift to you, here is one of my favorite christmas songs.

No comments: