Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Veteran's Day

It's always fun when you get an unexpected holiday. I always seem to forget about some of these less commercialized holidays until they're almost upon me, but lucky for me, others think ahead and plan fun outings I can attend. My ward activities committee put together a campout to Pichaco Peak which is about an hour south of Tempe. It was the perfect mid-week break for those of us lucky enough to be off of work and school the next day. We had a ball just hanging out around the campfire and sleeping out under the stars. I was also very impressed with the facilities at the campground we went to. Not your wilderness, survival type of camping, but perfect for a quick trip to sleep out under the stars. The following morning the rest of the group decided to go hiking up picacho peak, but I had to pass because I'd managed to bruise half my leg running into a competitor playing ultimate frisbee the week before. It amazed me how painful a bruise that big could be once the pressure started to descend down my leg, but in any case, it's finally fading to close to a normal color now that its been almost 3 weeks. But in any case, the campout was a lot of fun and a great break from the rest of life.

No comments: