Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Culture

I've lived here in the Phoenix metro area for almost 3 years now and although I feel I've become somewhat accustomed to the hustle and bustle of the city, and love where I'm at, I have to say that I still appreciate my country roots. I went to a rodeo last weekend with some friends and got into a conversation about how patriotism, loyalty and conservative traditional views were so prevalently displayed . It was the first rodeo for one of the guys who came with us and he commented on how different the “rodeo culture” seemed to be. I had to laugh to myself because although I certainly don't profess to be a huge rodeo fan, I had just been thinking that it reminded me a bit of home, maybe it wasn't the “rodeo culture” but just a little bit of “country culture”.

No comments: