Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Work

I'm so lucky to have a good job that I truly enjoy. Last week was the Great American Smokeout (GASO), which is a national event where smokers everywhere are challenged to quit for at least 24 hours. I'm in charge of the high school and college tobacco prevention and awareness programs in our county, so I had a very busy week getting all the final details and kits together for most of my schools to put on some sort of GASO event. It's definitely rewarding to see your efforts come to fruition even in small ways like this. I really do have a great job.
Besides work, I also spend a lot of time on my responsibilities for Relief Society, and I have to say I love that too. It's busy and stressful at times, but so wonderful to be able to serve others in that way. My ward has changed a lot and I just got all new counselors to work with in our relief society presidency, but it's amazing to me how the Lord works putting things in place at the right times and the right places. Although I don't understand the timing and challenges upfront most of the time, in hindsight, I can see how blessed I am to be able to be integrally involved in making this work happen.

No comments: