Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Fun Day

Today was an interesting Sunday. A little change of pace for me, which is always good. We are having a special stake conference this weekend focused in reactivation. I was asked to sit on the planning committee for a reactivation project a few months ago and out of some planning and a lot of work by the stake presidency, we took on the "500 project" which was to contact the over 500 young single adult names listed on the records of the 3 family stakes that our singles stake covers. These are 500 inactive single adults. So we had a leadership meeting this morning, planning for long-term follow up, then the general session of stake conference which was shorter than normal and took the approach of preparing those in attendance to go out and rescue souls. I was asked to be one of the speakers along with a high councilman, the mission president and stake president. We all gave our talks, then everyone was paired off and given a few names to visit and invite out to our evening session which will be in about an hour. Although the names on my list turned out to have both moved, it'll be exciting to see what results everyone got considering there were probably at least 350 of us paired off going out on visits this afternoon. Anyways, it was an experience unlike any other stake conference and has been especially amazing for me to have been so involved in the process and see how a problem was solved and prayers are being answered as we've set out to find the lost sheep.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That sounds like a neat experience. How did it all turn out? I've always thought I'd probably just make myself sick if I had to speak in stake conference.