Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm still here. . .

So I've been realizing lately how long it's been since I've blogged. Not that life has slowed down, just haven't taken the time to do it lately I suppose and now I can't remember much of consequence that's happened recently. Just life as usual for the most part.
Although, I did go out with some friends last night and played a night game called base. this is a game I first learned in college and haven't played for years since you have to find just the right type of playground to play it on, but I finally found one here that had a good combination of shadows, hiding places, and obstacles to make for some good base playing. You see, base works more or less like a combination of baseball, rambo, and hide and seek. One person is "it" and stand on home base (usually a bench or table with a good view of the entire playground area). They pick 3 "bases" (examples: run around the tree to left 2 times, go down the yellow twirly slide, crawl underneath the bench to my right, run up the bumpy slide etc.) Bases can be pretty much anything and change each round. Anyways, the person who's it will close their eyes and count for short periods of time during which everyone dashes from hiding place to hiding place on their quest to make it through all three bases and back to home base without getting caught. It's a super fun game, and if anyone wants a more complete description to play let me know. In any case, we had so much fun, and I escaped with only a minor injury, a severely swollen knee resulting from a fall taken while trying to run up the bumpy slide that was second base at the time. Unfortunately I slipped, fell and of course got caught when the time ran out and the guy who was it opened his eyes to see me out in the open. Oh, well, you can't always win, but overall it was a good base night, and I'm glad I got to introduce a whole new set of people to this wonderful game.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds like fun, sometime we;ll have to play when a bunch of us are together.