Saturday, May 22, 2010

Birthday Week Trip to Washington

Last week was my birthday and even though I didn't set out to plan it that way, it worked out for me to have a great birthday week vacation. 3 days with Brian and Kelly in Pullman provided a wonderful break from work, lots of fun conversation, and more soda, popcorn, and movies than I've had in a long time. It was a wonderful reminder of why family relationships are so important. Thanks Brian and Kelly for a fabulous few days! Here's a picture of us at the end of our time together :( Sad but like they say, all good things must come to an end. Brian and Kelly dropped me off in Spokane at my friend Audrey's house. It was a mini high school reunion of sorts and a grand girls weekend we had planned. Highlights of the trip include two nights at one of the worst hotels ever, my first golf game ever, which was quite entertaining considering none of us are really any good at golf, but it was a beautiful day and we had a great time. After golfing, we went to Manito Park which has a number of beautiful trails and gardens. The weather was perfect and we spent our fair share of time outside including a saturday adventure to Silverwood amusement park where we were having way too much fun to bother with photos. Let's just say several rollercoaster rides and lots of laughter made for a very entertaining day. At one point was saw three old women walking around and vowed that that would be us someday, more mature but still adventurous enough to take on the thrill of the roller coasters and dedicated to a girls getaway every few years. Who knows when our next one will take place for sure, but I have to say that I'm so glad I have friends like these.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you got to have so much fun. It's been years since I've been on a roller coaster. I hope it treats me well when I get to go on one. Chalise says hi.

Audrey said...

You are so fun. I am so glad that we got together too. It was so fun to see. See you in Sept for the race.