Friday, June 25, 2010
Fun at work
I have to say that lately I've really been enjoying my job. Work in my realm is really going well. I get to go to New York City next week for a conference with representatives from the colleges that I work with and had a great weekend out of the heat last weekend when I got to go to NAU in Flagstaff, Arizona for a youth tobacco coalition conference. This one was fun because unlike the New York trip which I've done all the planning and prep for, up in flagstaff I just got to be an extra staff member. My coworker Lani and I went up and got to help with everything from check-in and handing out goodie bags to setting up for the dance.
The theme of the dance was a “red carpet premiere event” so we were supposed to dress up like celebrities or in formal wear, but we decided being island girls was more fun. (P.S. NAU is home of the lumberjacks, so yes, that is a half naked lumberjack statue we're posing with).
Watching the kids dance and play around was definitely a fun part of the trip. Here's a picture of us with the cutest little boy there.
Not only was he looking sharp but the kid could sure dance too! After the dance, I was put on door patrol, meaning that because I was one of the few with a door access card to the dorm whose doors lock at 9 pm, I got to scan everyone in when they made their way down the hill from the dance.
Anyways, makes me grateful for all sorts of patient parents, youth chaperones and activity organizers who help put events like this on. I remember many fun times at youth conferences and girls camp and after attending one of these events as an adult, I have a great appreciation for all my old youth leaders. Of course there were workshops, but those weren't exciting enough for pictures and it was interesting to stay in dorm rooms and eat cafeteria food for two days, but all in all, not a bad way to earn a living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment