Sunday, July 4, 2010

New York City Trip

NYC I had a wonderful trip to New York City last week to attend a conference. I love the part of my job that allows me to attend these conferences and see new places every so often. Although we didn't have a lot of time for sight-seeing, it was fun to see the city and feel the difference in the feeling of it as compared to our western cities or my country roots. I must say that the number of people walking around was incredible. I forget sometimes how different it can be to have so many people in such a small area. We're pretty spoiled out here in Phoenix with the land to expand upon and that has resulted in an urban sprawl unlike Manhattan that has just built upward. Our hotel was right by times square, which although smaller than I'd imagined, was still just as busy. It was fun to just walk around and see the city and some of my favorite parts of the trip were riding the buses to and from a few of the conference events that allowed me to see the city.
The conference itself was also a lot of fun, it was focused on volunteering and service and in addition to the regular conference sessions they had a special opening event at radio city music hall and a "party for good" sponsored by target. We packed 150,000 boxed meals for families. It was a fun event at a pier down by the river and had a bit of a red carpet/celebrity event feel. All in all, it was a great experience.

1 comment:

Amy Bateman said...

We got your postcard the other day. Looks like you had a fun trip! You're becoming quite the world traveler.