Friday, August 27, 2010

Fun Mail

So, I pick up my mail this morning and find a beautiful hand addressed envelope. . . which usually means fun mail. You know the kind that comes from someone you know, the kind that is an announcement, an invite or a thank you or a personalized note of some sort. The kind that puts a smile on your face and may even stick around for a while on a bulletin board or corner of the desk instead of just going in the trash, the file box or the shredder. I LOVE getting fun mail! So imagine my excitement in getting this unexpected treasure. I looked at the return address (it was local, but not from anyone I recognized) and it was addressed to Rebecca instead of Becky which is unusual for people who really know me, but could be from someone in my new ward or something, but the address although local was too far away to be anyone living in my ward. . . hmmm, my curiosity is peaking, and I can't wait a minute longer. I tear open the envelope and imagine my surprise when I pull out this:
Happy Anniversary????
Seriously?!? Let's break this down. . . I'm not married, still completely single, and wondering what in the world would possess someone to send me a lovely scrolly anniversary card, so I open it up to see a business card taped to the top and the following note handwritten in beautiful scrolling handwriting:

Hi Rebecca,
Can you believe it has already been 3 years since you bought your 2003 Pontiac Vibe? Hope all is going well! Please give us a call if we can help with any future transportation needs.
Daphney & Friends at SanTan Honda Superstore.


Best part is, although I did purchase a Pontiac Vibe about three years ago, it wasn't from that dealership, nor did I ever deal with a woman named Daphney. I can guess that the dealership I went to is probably somehow affiliated with this one, and I'm sure Daphney's job deals with past customers in some respect, but I must say while this "fun mail" certainly put a smile (of bewilderment and amusement) on my face, it is a little weird that a stranger from a business I've never been to tracked down my new address and wrote me a handwritten happy anniversary card, but I guess stranger things have happened. Somebody send me some "real fun mail" soon. I've got a spot for it on my bulletin board, because I refuse to put up the car anniversary card.

No comments: