Thursday, September 22, 2011

Maryland Vacation

Last weekend I had the opportunity to travel to Maryland to visit my brother's cute little family.  It was a quick trip. . . I always wish I could just spend my days traveling to see who, where and what I want.  But we did have fun while it lasted.  In addition to the fun of getting to know my nephews again and being the cool fun aunt who brought glow sticks to play with, we took a trip to a local historical mill where we got to tour an old flour mill and learn a bit about blacksmithing from a real live blacksmith who loved having 6 kids to entertain at the end of the day.  (And for those of you keeping track, Kevin and Reighlyn still only have 4 boys, the two beautiful girls are close friends of theirs).

After the tours we took an adventure hike complete with little scouts who would scout the trails at every fork and decide which way we went.  Maryland really is beautiful.  The deciduous forests are a sight to see.  So different from the pine forests in other places but certainly just as lovely and being the AZ girl that I am now, I was loving the cooler fall weather.
 All in all, it was a fun trip that ended all too soon. 

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Hard to believe Kevin's boys are all so grown up.

Unknown said...

That looks like a lot of fun.
Leah, James and family will be moving to Norfolk, Virginia next year. It will be fun to explore that part of the country again.