Saturday, September 24, 2011

Unsatisfied Customer

So I stopped by the store on my way home tonight to pick up a few things quickly.  Well I got sucked in by a display of these special limited edition oreos. 
Now let me explain.  I love oreos.  I love the regular ones, the double stuff, even the mint ones.  I like oreo desserts, oreo blizzards and pretty much everything else oreo.  So when I saw these it seemed like a great idea.  Oreo blizzard flavored oreos.  Considering I love oreos, a double dose of oreo goodness seems like just the ticket. 

Well, unfortunately I was disappointed.  No not just disappointed, extremely disappointed.  I ate two of them before deciding that it just wasn't worth it.  So I started pulling out the creme filling and eating just the cookie parts.  Ah regular oreo taste!  Maybe I'll have to get some ice cream and see if they taste okay in their "intended" form.  otherwise, I'll have an almost complete package of horrible oreo blizzard creme fillings.  In my humble opinion, if you're tempted to try these, don't bother.  Stick with the tried and true versions. 

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Sorry those Oreos didn't meet your expectations. They look like they'd be great! If you complain to the company, you'd probably at least get some coupons for more Oreos and/or other Nabisco products. If they have some kind of satisfaction guarantee, I don't hesitate to let them know. Otherwise they'll think everyone loves them.

Trent and Steph said...

I had a similar experience recently with the chocolate dipped oreos. I imagined they would taste like heaven. WRONG!!! The chocolate tasted like wax. I ate two just to be sure and then the whole package went into the garbage. Sad day. Stick with the traditional. I'm with ya.