Some of you may have heard of the food co-op Bountiful Baskets. It's an ingenious way to get cheap produce. Now mind you if you are picky about what produce you get or don't like vegetables besides corn and cauliflower, this option would not be for you, but for a person like me who pretty much likes all kinds of produce, it's a great thing. For $15 ($16.50 with tax and handling etc.) you get an assortment of fruits and vegetables. The assortment changes every week, so you get different things (this week was a little light on vegetables).
Anyways, back to the goal.
30 by 30 goal #22 - Spend $30 a month on bountiful baskets.
If I plan appropriately, between the fresh produce and what I can freeze, getting one every two weeks seems to work if I avoid eating out as much, which is the real purpose of this goal. To get me cooking and preparing my own (healthier) food more than eating out. So far so good.
P.S. for those that are curious about my 30 goals, I will be putting them up as I finish them (or in cases like this that are ongoing, whenever I want). Some of them I'm keeping track of on separate pages on this blog for example, I'm halfway through 30 days of eating fruit, so if you want to read my daily list of fruit I've been eating, checkout the link on the sidebar, but because that's not terribly interesting reading, I'll wait to summarize it here until I'm done.
1 comment:
Wow! Amazing to see how different our baskets were. I think ours was heavier on the vegetables. Still, a pretty good deal!
Post a Comment