So I'm not entirely sure where the term "Black Friday" came from. I suppose I could look it up, but honestly I'm not that interested, so instead I'll just do a lovely little post about my Thanksgiving.
We did a small thanksgiving in Arizona this year. I remember many a crowded Thanksgiving from my youth (Wow, am I really old enough to be referring to my "youth" yet?) It was quiet and small with just myself, Jeff and Michelle. But it was nonetheless delicious and fantastic as you can see by our spread above. We certainly had no shortage of delicious food that will last for days.
After dinner was done, we turned on the Christmas cheer and started decorating the tree. Ah, I'm so glad it's Christmas!! You may have noticed my newly acquired playlist on the sidebar. Normally I'm not a huge music person, but Christmas music is so wonderful it deserves it's own special nod. In any case, our decorating was interrupted by some Black Friday shopping. This was my first time doing the real black friday thing although I wimped out on the second half and left Jeff and Michelle to visit Home Depot at 5 am by themselves. The 10 pm - 2 am period was enough for me. All in all, we did get some great deals, and it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I'd do it again. Not every year, but I didn't get scared away or anything. So I can still happily wish you all a happy post-thanksgiving weekend.
1 comment:
It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving dinner even if it was just the three of you. We tried a bit of Black Friday shopping. Left about 5:10 and were home by 6:30. Not too bad!
Post a Comment