
Pomegranate - Not the simplest to eat, but a unique delicious taste. I must say pomegranates were always one of those sort of exotic fruits that we hardly ever had growing up. Now though as I live in AZ, they seem more accessible and I've found they're magically delicious. I had to learn how to de-seed them and have, I admit, had a couple of minor pomegranate juice stains in my learning process. If you're wondering (like I used to, the best way to de-seed a pomegranate: Here's a tutorial.
Strawberries - I must say I love strawberries. When I was in the Philippines eating so many delightful fruits I'd never heard of, it was hard not to be jealous, until I mentioned we had strawberries and such at home. Then all the natives were jealous of me, and I must say, I don't blame them. There are few things in life as wonderful as fresh strawberries from the garden. Unfortunately the ones I got in my bountiful basket last weekend are not nearly as good as the home grown ones, but nothing from the store ever is. So I added just a bit of sugar and had a nice evening snack. Delicious.
Plums - This was the biggest plum I've ever seen, it was the size of an apple and I had to cut it like a nectarine.
Strawberries - I must say I love strawberries. When I was in the Philippines eating so many delightful fruits I'd never heard of, it was hard not to be jealous, until I mentioned we had strawberries and such at home. Then all the natives were jealous of me, and I must say, I don't blame them. There are few things in life as wonderful as fresh strawberries from the garden. Unfortunately the ones I got in my bountiful basket last weekend are not nearly as good as the home grown ones, but nothing from the store ever is. So I added just a bit of sugar and had a nice evening snack. Delicious.
Satsuma Mandarins - I bought a case of satsuma mandarins today. For those of you who love citrus like I do, these are one of my favorite varieties. Now don't be fooled by those poser "cuties" that you find in the grocery stores. They may look the same but unlike the cuties, satsumas are much better than the tasteless rubbish you normally find in the cutie bags. (Yes, I've been watching Top Gear episodes on Netflix, so don't mind the slight british-ness coming out there).

Kiwi - I had a friend once who's family grew kiwi's for a while, so he had all sorts of suggestions on how to eat them. He was very adventurous and basically tried kiwi on everything. I have tried a few of his recipes but I have to say that my favorite is still just plain. One of the reasons that I love getting bountiful baskets are that I get random things that I don't always get for myself.

Such as:
Persimmons - a new fruit for me, but a good one! I'm definitely a fan. Sweet and delicious, I recommend trying one if you ever have the chance. It's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment