Saturday, December 3, 2011
Ah...Christmas!!!
So it's no secret that I love Christmas Music. I'm one of those people who turns it to the "all christmas music - all the time" radio station the day after Thanksgiving and doesn't change it until January. I alternate the radio classics with my own Christmas CDs and blare music from my laptop or ipod all the time during the Christmas season. It's fabulous. I love everything about it.
Last night I had the opportunity to go to an uber fabulous Christmas Concert called Come Ye To Bethlehem. It was put on by EVMCO a symphony and choral organization here that has everything from 4 year olds to an advanced volunteer choir. It was wonderful. There were some great Christmas classics, an original debut, and a number of ethnic Christmas carols including one from Nigeria that made me think of some dear friends from my old ward who are now serving as a Mission President in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Central Africa. But my favorite number of the night was probably a combined choir (kids, youth, adults etc.) and orchestra version of the Spanish classic Riu, Riu, Chiu. I don't think I'd ever heard this before, but even without knowing the words, I was amazed with their rendition. The combination of hundreds of voices and all the instruments was incredible. Overall, well worth the ticket price and a great beginning to the holiday season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment