Yes, I fully acknowledge that there are many wonderful things that are brought to us via the world wide web, and frankly my daily life would be drastically altered if it disappeared, so I really don't want that to happen, but what I would like to not happen is something akin to the following scenario:
I pull out my laptop with a specific purpose in mind. Then I get distracted and check my email, re-read the last page I had up, check blogs and social networking sites etc. etc. and forget what I set out to do. Then of course I continue thinking that it will come back to me any second and I don't really want to put the computer down only to suddenly remember what it is I wanted to do and interrupt my next activity, so I figure if I just stare at the screen for a few minutes it will come back to me. Nope. Several minutes later, I resign myself to having forgotten, but now feel like the last 10-15 minutes have been a huge waste of time, which is probably true, so I do a blog post.
The consequence? I still can't remember what I wanted to do, but it was important enough for me to interrupt my cleaning to do it so hopefully I'll remember soon.
2 comments:
I thought that only happened to those of us who are "getting along in years."
Along with Mom's comment, you are approaching 30. At one time that seemed old. :)
Post a Comment