Tuesday, January 3, 2012

You know you work from home when. . .

You set a goal for yourself to make it to "Beauty Base Zero" before lunch every workday.  I love working from home and certainly don't want to give it up anytime soon, but one of the things that is perhaps not so good is the ability to work with little or no preparation, enter the need for Beauty Base Zero.  For those of you perhaps unfamiliar with the concept, Beauty Base Zero is the natural looking starting point for further cosmetic enhancement.  To any of the men out there who think otherwise, rest assured that despite the misconceptions that "all women look better au natural", most of us need a little help to get that naturally beautiful, fresh clean, un-done look.  Sad, but true, I have a good friend and very wise lady who likes to say that if we all really walked around with no makeup or feminine care, the men in our society who want the "no-frills, no-makeup" style would stop believing that this is the way to go.

In any case, I digress. . . where was I?  Oh yeah, beauty base zero.  It's the look that is socially acceptable should you have to run to the store, or get a surprise visitor, or get called away to an emergency.  It's probably different for everyone and my version is not what you would find from a google search, but it satisfies me well enough.  For me, it's a shower, putting on clothes besides pajamas, some curl creme in the hair, some tinted moisturizer, a fairly nude eye shadow and some mascara.  Easy enough to do in just a few minutes.

So. . . why the need for a goal you might ask?  Well obviously, it's because working at home has made me lazy.  I've always showered daily, and take care to get properly dressed and made-up to go out, but sometimes, on a work from home day, that doesn't happen until I do have to go out, which means I sit around all day looking like I just rolled out of bed, which pretty much I did, (then worked for 10 hours).  In any case, since it's true that your looks can affect how you feel, one of my new year's resolutions is to make it to Beauty Base Zero before lunchtime each and every workday.  Day 1 = Mission Accomplished.

No comments: